SUSTAINING PLATFORM FOR CRITICAL MASS OF LEADERS WITH ‘EVALUATION KNOW-HOW’ AND LOCAL OWNERSHIP OF M&E AT UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN
- Framework and Implementation Plan for the UI-Research Foundation
- Introduction and Rationale
- UI-Research Foundation Board
- UI-Research Foundation Team
- Working Commitee
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN RESEARCH FOUNDATION (UI-RF)
- UIRF TECHNICAL WORKING GROUP
- Profile for Members of Council
- MISSION STATEMENT
- MEMBERS OF THE THINK TANK LAUNCHING COMMITTEE
Funding and Research
- International Calls
- Abstracts and Summaries
UI-Research Foundation Funded Project
- Beta Thalassaemia as a Correlate of Metabolic Syndrome and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Endocrine Complications
- Electricity Generation from Fast Pyrolysis of Agricultural and Municipal Solid Wastes
- IMPACTS OF LAND-USE AND CLIMATE INDUCED CHANGES ON COASTAL ENVIRONMENT
- Influence of garlic (Allium sativum) feed inclusion on production performance and health of commercial chickens
- Sustainable Tomato production amongst smallholder farmers in Nigeria
- The Development, Production and Characterization of Adult Neural Stem cells from African Giant Rat
- Research and Development of Multi-Source Renewable Energy Mix Power System
- UI CREATING PLATFORM ON NEURO SCIENCES AND STUDIES OF BRAIN DEGENERATIVE DISORDERS
- Translating Research for Innovations, Strategies and Novel Products for Economic Development
- Tomato in Agriculture
- THINK TANK FOR TRANSLATING RESEARCH FOR NATIONAL
- THINK TANK FOR CONSENSUS BUILDING & AGENDA FOR ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
- RESEARCH FOR POULTRY PRODUCTION
- RENEWABLE ENERGY
- INTRODUCTION AND RATIONALE FOR 'THINK TANK'
- INAUGURATION OF THE COUNCIL & FIRST CONFERENCE HOSTING
- DEVELOPING FUTURE RESEARCH LEADERS FOR NIGERIA
- The LoT
"The University of Ibadan Facilitating ‘Knowledge Economy’ for National Development" Sustainable national development in emerging economies benefits from a strong cornerstone predicated on the ability to translate new knowledge generated from research to innovations, strategies and evidence for pragmatic policies. The platform for translating research to innovations represents a critical component for sustainable socioeconomic development of emerging economies.
A General Operations Guideline (GoG) was developed by the UI-Research Foundation for the ‘Think Tank’ following consultations and interactions with opinion leaders, decision makers, research leaders and input by a group of stakeholders convened by the Director, UI-Research Foundation. Responses of those consultations and meetings were encouraging and supportive of the need for the ‘Think Tank’.
The University of Ibadan Research Foundation has developed a Research Career Development Grant Initiative (CGD) designed to strengthen the research base and enhance the scholastic standards at the University of Ibadan. The current phase of the initiative focuses on Agriculture, Energy, Health and Humanities The University of Ibadan through CDG provides funding support to young members of the University in their efforts to develop expertise and become leaders in research areas relevant to the missi
Knowledge is Power. Today, knowledge is the major currency of socioeconomic development. The University of Ibadan is producing leaders of tomorrow with a mission and vision focused on solving the challenges and meeting the societal needs of Nigeria.
Genomic experts trained by the University of Ibadan are returning to pioneer new frontiers in medicine and bio medical research for health. UI-RESEARCH FOUNDATION is supportingResearch Leaders to develop genomic techniques using Adult Neural Stem Cell from African Giant rats as models for studies and prospecting for interventions for demyelinating diseases , epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, stroke related dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
UI-RESEARCH FOUNDATION is supporting Experts from disciplines including Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Agricultural technology, Forest Resource Management, Petroleum engineering, Agronomy and Geology working together to build upon renewable energy projects that produced 15 KW power with a grant from MacArthur Foundation and UI- Research Foundation.
The objectives of the UI-Research Foundation will be achieved through collective participation of the staff and support of the university leadership. Efforts will be devoted to maintain and enhance collaborations with international and regional agencies, institutions and global initiatives that provide research grants, training and capacity building in areas relevant to the mission of the University of Ibadan.
Translating research to innovation, strategies and evidence to guide policies on Agriculture, Energy, Health, Infrastructure and National Security is critical for national development. The economies of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS) are enjoying the dividends of translating research to innovations that generate new products and novel strategies.
This is a high-caliber scientific course that would cover various aspects of parasitology from molecular biology and epidemiology to genomics, targeted for students in the Middle East as well as North and Sub-Saharan Africa