THE RT. HON. CHEVALIER UDUIMO JUSTUS ITSUELI, (KSG,OON)
RT. HON. Uduimo Itsueli began his corporate sojourn at the age of 24, working for Phillips Petroleum Company in various capacities and locations, in Europe in 1974. RT. HON. Uduimo Itsueli later moved from the Europe office to the Company’s Headquarters in the United States, after which he later came to Nigeria, as Managing Director of the Nigeria operations, a position he held for over six years.
RT. HON. Uduimo Itsueli eventually retired from Phillips Oil Company in August, 1987 to set up and run Dubri Oil Company Limited, in Nigeria which became the first Africa’s independently owned Exploration and Producing Company. He is presently the Chairman/Managing Director of Dubri Oil Company Ltd.
Education: University of Ibadan, 1970; Leeds, 1971, and Cambridge, U.K, 1974.
Positions and Boards: Rt. Hon. Chevalier Uduimo Justus Itsueli (KSG, OON) serves on various bodies in both the private and public sectors, amongst which are:
- · Honorary Life-Vice President and Member of the Executive Council of The Lagos Chamber of Commerce;
- · Managing Partner of Uduimo Associates Ltd;
- · President of the Nigerian Indian Chamber of Commerce;
- · Chairman Nigerian-Canadian Business Association;
- · Member of the Nigerian Vision 2020 National Steering Committee.
- · Member of the Board of Directors of the American Business Council;
- · Chairman of the University of Ibadan Research Foundation;
- · Former Vice-Chairman and Member of the Board of Directors of the Nigerian Economic Summit Group;
- · Former Chairman of the Board of Directors of Cadbury Nigeria Plc;
- · Former President of the Lagos Business School Alumni Association.
- · Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited;
- · President of The Nigerian-American Chamber of Commerce;
- · Chairman of the Edo State Public Utilities Board;
- · Chairman, Edo State Agricultural Development Board;
- · Member of the Board of Directors of Edo Cement Company;
- · Member of the Board of Directors of the Nigerian Vision Foundation;
- · Member of the Vision 2010 Group;
- · Member of the Presidential National Stakeholders Working Group of the Nigerian Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative;
- · Member National Refineries Special Task Force.
Honours and Recognition: He was honoured with the Distinguished Citizens Award of Edo State in 1992 and similarly an Honorary Fellow of the Faculty of Petroleum Law, of the University of Dundee, in the United Kingdom since 1992. In 2006, he was knighted by His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI, with the Knighthood of The Order of St. Gregory The Great, KSG. He holds the Traditional title of Ezomo of Fugar. He was also honoured by President Olusegun Obasanjo with the National honours of The Officer of The Order of The Niger, OON, in December 2006.
Personal Life: He is married to Bridget Itsueli, and has four children. He interests include: Travels, Music, Wines, International Affairs and Religious Matters.